- [March 2009] Doctor of Science, Mathematical and Computing Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
- [October 2002] Doctor Student, Dept. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- [March 2000] Master of Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- [March 1998] Bachelor of Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
- [April 2016 – present] Junior Associate Professor, Tokyo University of Science, Chiba, Japan
- [July 2012 – March 2016 ] Chief Researcher, National Maritime Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- [April 2009 – July 2012] Researcher, National Maritime Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- [April 2007 – March 2009] Post-doctoral Research Associate, National Maritime Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- [September 2006 – March 2007] Part-time Research Associate, Center for Logistics Research, National Maritime Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
- [April 2000- September 2002] Customer-support Engineer, IBM Japan, Ltd.
- K. Kobayashi and M. Kubo, “Optimization of Oil Tanker Schedules by Decomposition, Column Generation, and Time-Space Network Techniques”, Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics., Vol. 27 (1), 161-173, 2010, DOI:10.1007/s13160-010-0008-7
- K. Kobayashi, S. Kim and M. Kojima, “Sparse Second Order Cone Programming Formulations for Convex Optimization Problems”, Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan., Vol. 51 (3), 241-264, 2008
- K. Kobayashi, S. Kim and M. Kojima, “Correlative Sparsity in Primal-Dual Interior-Point Methods for LP, SDP and SOCP”, September 2006, Applied Mathematics and Optimization, Vol. 58, 69-88, 2008
- K.Kobayashi, K. Nakata and M. Kojima, “A Conversion of an SDP Having Free Variables into the Standard Form SDP”, June 2005, Revised April 2006, Computational Optimization and Applications, Vol. 36, 289-307, 2007
- K. Kobayashi, H. Morohosi, T. Oyama, “Applying Path-Counting Methods for Measuring the Robustness of the Network-Structured System”, Aug. 2005, International Transactions in Operational Research, Vol. 16 (3), 371-389, 2009
Conference (peer reviwered)
- M. Tanaka and K. Kobayashi, “Perspective Reformulation for Optimal Fuel Routing Problem”,Proceedings of the International Symposium on Scheduling 2015, 89-94,Kobe,Japan.
- K. Kobayashi “A Linear Approximation of the Value Function of an Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach for the Ship Scheduling Problem”, LION 4, LNCS 6073, C.Blum and R.Battiti(Eds.), pp. 184-187, Springer, Heidelberg 2010.
- T. Seta, K. Kobayashi and M. Kubo, “Ship Scheduling in the Steel Industry – a Rolling Horizon and Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach -“, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Scheduling 2009,Tokyo, Japan, 2009
- K.Kobayashi, T. Kano, M. Kubo, “A Two-Phase Algorithm for Tramp Ship Routing Problems by a Column Generation Approach”, Learning and Intelligent OptimizatioN (LION3), Jan 14-18, 2009, Trento, Italy.
- K.Kobayashi, “Computational Results on Some Shortest Path Problems with Side Constraints”, SICE Annual Conference 2008, Aug. 2008, Tokyo, Japan.
- M. Yamashita, K. Fujisawa, M. Fukuda, K. Kobayashi, K. Nakata, and M. Nakata “Latest developments in the SDPA family for solving large-scale SDPs,” in Handbook on Semidefinite, Conic and Polynomial Optimization, M. F. Anjos and J. B. Lasserre, eds., (Springer, New York, 2012), pp. 687-713.
- M. Tanaka, K. Kobayashi, “MISOCP formulation and the route generation algorithm for ship navigation problem”, Technocal Report No.2013-8, Dept. of Industrial Engineering & Management, Tokyo Institute of Technology,
- M. Yamashita, K.Fujisawa, K.Nakata, M.Nakata, M.Fukuda, K. Kobayashi and K. Goto, “A high-performance software package for semidefinite programs: SDPA 7”, 2010, Optimization-Online
- K.Fujisawa, M.Fukuda, K.Kobayashi, M.Kojima, K.Nakata, M.Nakata, M.Yamashita, “SDPA(SemiDefinite Programming Algorithm) User’s Manual – Version 7.0.5”, B-448, Dep. of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, Tokyo Instutite of Technology, Technical Report, February 2008.
- K. Kobayashi, “Alternate objective functions in ship scheduling for managing suplly chain disruption risk”, ISMP2012, Berlin, August 2012, slides
- K. Kobayashi, T. Seta, M. Kubo, “An Approximate Dynamic Programming Approach for Ship Scheduling Problem”, 20th International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (ISMP2009), August 2009, Chicago, U.S.A,
- K. Kobayashi, M.Kubo, T. Kano, “A Two-Phase Approach for a Tramper Ship Scheduling Problem”, SIAM Conference on Optimization (OP08), May 2008, Boston, U.S.A.
- K.Kobayashi, “Correlative sparsity in primal-dual interior-point methods and efficient SOCP formulations”, Second International Conference on Continuous Optimization (ICCOPT – MOPTA07), August 2007, Ontario, Canada.
- and many other talks in Japanese